Monday, July 16, 2012

Shoe Organizer


My shoes have been driving me CRAZY!  I had no organization whatsoever.  I usually kept a laundry basket in my closet where i threw all my shoes.  It was such a pain to have to go sorting through my basket to find the matching shoe.  My room ended up messy with shoes through all around the floor :(

SO MY SOLUTION......my youngest daughter had this little bookcase in her room that wasn't really a necessity so I decided to borrow it...he he he

It was already white so that was perfect to match my other furniture in my room (i'm into the white phase right now!)  So i moved the adjustable shelves to give me some height for my shoes and I went out looking for some bins to neatly and decorately store my shoes.  I seen quite a few nice looking white bins, but man oh man! they were about $13 each!! Oh heck no! 

So I went the cheap route.  I purchased some shipping boxes from Staples and knew I could definitely work with this.

Supplies:

2 Shipping boxes (sizes vary on your size of bookcase)
White Duck Tape
Decorative Ribbon
First seal up the bottom of the box
Now get your Duck Tape and start taping up the entire box
Take out your hot glue gun and glue some ribbon around your box.  i made a bow to add to the box.


And there you have it. Decorative shoe boxes that cost about $4 each, plus i have left over Duck Tape to maybe use on another project. Im thinking of making some smaller square boxes to fill in the empty space on the shelves.

I know most women have a ton of shoes but I decided to use this set up for all my sandals and flats because these are the ones im most likely to be reaching for and these are the ones that have caused me many headaches and messy rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment