Thursday, July 5, 2012

Calendar of Birthdays

So I have come across of few of these calendars on Pinterest.  With grandma's birthday coming up around the corner I decided this would benefit her more than me.  Being that I only have 2 kids and definitely no grandkids :)

So on to my little project....

I went to my local craft store (Michaels) and purchased my supplies

Things to Buy:
1. I purchased a wood plaque sign $8
2. Teacup Hooks
3. Split Rings ( I got these by accident, i def recommend a single ring)
4. Alphabet Rubber Stamp (small enough to put the months across the board)
5. Stamp Pad (any color you choose
6.Scrapbooking Adhesive Lettering
7. Wooden Lettering (Family) $1.99
8. Tiny wooden plaques that will be used for the names and dates. (i chose to go with square) .29 cents a piece. I actually got two squares from one big square)

I had on hand white & purple spray paint.

I didn't take pictures as I went through the steps so I'll do my best to be very explanatory.

First Step: Spray paint your wooden materials and let it throughly dry!

then.....Center and staple gun your "family" sign onto the wooden plaque.  Wood glue make work as well but I was pressed for time.

next.....Grab your scrapbooking adhesive letters and apply underneath "family"

then.....Center out your Month's. I chose to only do the month's that were gonna be used. Rubber stamp out months neatly along the edge of the plaque.

next.....Grab your teacup hooks and center them underneath each Month

then.....With the tiny wooden plaques drill a small hole big enough to attach the rings.  Write the name of the birthday person along with their birthdate ( i bought a writing marker with a fine tip). Attach rings to tiny wooden name plaques and hook onto the teacup hooks.

AND LOOK YOU HAVE A NICE CALENDAR  OF BIRTHDAYS!




No comments:

Post a Comment