Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Tree

This year for Father's Day I wanted to do something personal and meaningful.  My dad has been into Ancestry.com for a few years now, so I figured a framed family tree would be a great gift.  I didn't want to do a complete family tree just our immediately family.

I have a version of  Scrapbook Factory Deluxe on my computer so I decided to play around with it.

I used my parents names as the trunk of the tree and the bigger branches are me and my siblings.  the smaller branches represent our kids and the tiny little branch represents my great nephew. 

Scrapbook Factory has a lot of fonts and pictures so i decided to add a few leaves. 

I added the Family Name, established date is the year of my parents marriage, and a cute little quote that I came across on the Internet.

The size of my tree was 12 X 12.  I printed it out on plain white scrapbook paper and framed it.

My dad was very much impressed with our little family tree.  I recommend saving the template on your computer to add new members of the family :)

HERE IS MY FINISHED TREE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment