Friday, July 6, 2012

Photobooth Strip Tutorial

So today I came across these cute photobooth Strips on the Internet, I thought, "hey, cute and look easy to do!" With all the different types of social media sites and all the kinds of pictures we capture from day to day, why not do something with these pictures rather then keep them locked up on your phone or computer.  These can be done with any photo that you may have access to on your computer. (Sorry I used my phone's camera to record this tutorial, the quality does not look that clear)


So these strips can be done with just about any photo editing program that you may have, such as Photoshop.  I unfortunately do not have Photoshop, but I do have Scrapbook Factory Deluxe that I had purchased a few years ago from Target.

Create a folder on your computer's desktop so you can conveniently add the pictures that you will be using for your project and it will be more accessible when it's time to add your pictures to your frames.

Open up your photo editing program and create a page or template with the size of 1.5" by 6"


Now add one of the pictures that you had stored in the desktop folder.  You will definitely need to resize to fit into the template.  Repeat with the rest of the pictures.  I find that you can do between 4 or 5 pictures on one strip.  If you look at my finished products I did one set with 4 pictures and one set with 5 pictures.  Use your own judgment on this one.  Don't forget to leave a thin border between photos. On this particular one, I did these photos in black/white. NOTE: If your planning on doing more than one strip at a time copy the whole template and paste onto a separate new file. Copy and paste each strip onto the "New file" so you can print all at one time without wasting photo paper.



Once all your photos are aligned and you are satsified with their position, save the project as a PDF.  I find it very useful to adjust the DPI when saving, the higher the better! (See below) This will help reduce blurry pictures.


Now go to your saved PDF document and print! These can be printed on photo paper or magnetic sheets.  I went with magnetic sheets so i can place on the fridge. 



THERE YOU HAVE IT! QUICK AND EASY PHOTOBOOTH STRIPS.....GET CREATIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment